Sunflower Mom on a Mission

Kim is the official "Spokesmom" for Just For Me(tm) Texture Softener(tm), the brand new breakthrough in hair care for girls of mixed heritage! Her daughter, is featured on the hair care system package, and you may have even seen her on Barney! Kim's blog will contain her thoughts on being a mom in a multi-ethnic family, health and beauty and self-image and self esteem. And for fun, she will interact with other moms who have "hair care chronicles and horror stories."

Friday, November 03, 2006

"Before and After Pictures"


Hello!!

Hope all is well with everyone. It seems that with the product popping up on the shelves all over, the site has been getting a lot of hits!! That is exciting! I have been asked by several people to see before and after pictures of my daughter's hair. The picture to the left is an after shot. I have to transfer my before pictures to this computer! My other one is on the blink!! Anyways, you can check out other before pictures on the
JFM website! I will get them on this site tomorrow!

I would really like for those of you who have used the product to share your pictures as well! I think it would be great to see the results of this awesome product on all of the people who have used it! I can't tell you how thrilled I am to see that it is helping you all with your hair troubles. If you go to the JFM website, you will see that it has been recently updated and it will give you an abundance of information on the product. It actually shows a video of how to apply the product step by step. It will help you and also will answer many of the questions you may have about the product.

One thing that I have also noticed is there has been no static in my daughters hair. Normally, when the weather gets colder, her hair gets really staticy (sp?). I don't know if it is because of the texture softener but whatever it is...I like it!

Changing subjects...I have a question for you. I would like to know what the hair trend is in the area you live. Where we are in Texas, the girls all want their hair straight. For a while, bangs were out. But now, it seems that long bangs that whisp to the side are in. And guess what, my daughter wants bangs!! Now, with her hair...that is impossible! "It's not fair!" is what I hear from her all of the time. What do you say?? It is very frustrating to me. I want her to be happy with the hair she has. It is beautiful!! But of coarse, we always want what we can't have! Hair is beginning to be a big deal at her age. She is only in the fourth grade!! I don't remember really caring about my hair that much when I was her age. I guess times have changed!! Well, I know that they have...I TEACH 6th GRADERS!!! Boy, have times changed!! SCAREY!!

Well, it's getting late...I just can't seem to get used to this time change!! I know that I have rambled tonight. Just had a lot on my mind!! Please share your thoughts with me!!

Until Next Time...
"Sunflower Mom"

14 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If we try this product and don't want to continue using it- do one have to continue using it and if not will it cause damage?

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Kim said...

No, you do not have to continue to use it. It doesn't damage your hair! When it wears off, the hair just goes back to its natural state.

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you talking about the roots only or are you talking about the hair all over your head?

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this product work for african american hair or is it only made for bi-racial hair? If yes, are there any before & after pictures and testimonies for african american hair? Thank you.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Yes, the product is also for African American hair. The little girl on the box with my daughter (who is African American) uses the product as well. I have had several adults use it as well. I have requested pictures from those and hopefully they will send them to me soon!! :)

Thanks for the question!!

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim. Thank you for your response. I didn't even realize that was your daughter on the box. How exciting! Congratulations to her! Also, I assume you've met the African American little girl on the box since she took pictures with your daughter. Is that correct? If so, can she wear her hair down the way your daughter had hers on the box and will it look as nice? Can she just wash and wear her hair? Meaning can she go with her hair wet and have it look soft and wavy still and not turn in to a bush? I'm so excited about this product. My daughters are only age 2 and 4 so have to wait to try this product but I am doing my research now. I would love to try it myself but I do have a relaxer and I don't know if this is something I could apply myself but I am thinking about it. :-) Looking forward to your response and have a great holiday.

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naturally curly hair from loose curls/waves to very tight afro curls is the trend in large cities on the east-coast. More people are embracing their natural hair texture and curl size. Straight hair is considered very 1990s.

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter is in 4th grade and is very concerned about her hair. She is mixed as well and has very tight curly hair. I will be using this product on her soon. I am on the West Coast and I know she would love to have straight hair and bangs...but I try to encourage her to embrace the wonderful qualities she has herself...her hair is beautiful. Two winters ago, she did decide to cut bangs (on her own)! Wow was that a mistake. They pretty much stuck straight out and she's never asked to do it again! LOL It took almost 6 months to grow out and we used a lot of clips! :) I think it's important to show our daughters that the qualities they were born with are their strengths and to learn/find products that help support their hair is wonderful! Thank you!

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kim,

I posted a couple of questions on your blog that did not get answered. I'm sure you are just flooded with email so mine must have been overlooked which I understand completely. Anyway, there is no need to post this comment because my previous comment has been posted already. I just want to remind you to respond to it please. This is what I had asked you: Kim, I assume you've met the African American little girl on the box since she took pictures with your daughter. Is that correct? If so, can she wear her hair down the way your daughter had hers on the box and will it look the same as your daughters or will it frizz up or puff out into an afro after it dries? How is the hair styled on a daily bases? Meaning, does the hair have to be re-wet every day with added products and then let air-dry or is there another process?

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Kathleen,

Sorry it has taken so long...as far as the other girl on the box, if you will look on the side of the box, she has her hair down. They braided it and then took it out the next day and it looked like this. They did not have to rewet it or anything. It didn't frizz up and it looked like this the whole day. As far as looking like my daughter's, her hair texture is totally different.

When I do my daughter's hair, we do rewet it every morning. She sleeps really wild so it gets really tangly and wild. Or we wash it at night and I braid it. I put the comb thru Proline product in her hair after wetting it. It just gives it a little more weight. As far as the texturizer, it doesn't change the hair, it just makes it more manageable to comb through and shiney!!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions that I might be able to help with.

Thank you for reading my blog!!

Kim

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, my daughter is 6 years old and i would like to know if this age is okay to try this product.

Marlene

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The F.A.Q says you can use the texture softener on children as young as 5.

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the texture softener can wear off then why do the inscructions say to apply only to the new growth?

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In South Florida most of the women wear weave.The guys are more likly to keep their hair natural and wear styles like braids, dreads,and twists.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home