Sunflower Mom on a Mission

Kim is the official "Spokesmom" for Just For Me(tm) Texture Softener(tm), the brand new breakthrough in hair care for girls of mixed heritage! Her daughter, is featured on the hair care system package, and you may have even seen her on Barney! Kim's blog will contain her thoughts on being a mom in a multi-ethnic family, health and beauty and self-image and self esteem. And for fun, she will interact with other moms who have "hair care chronicles and horror stories."

Saturday, November 11, 2006

"Before and After Pictures"



Hello All!

I hope you all are well! I am doing great. I received a comment from one of our users and they were nice enough to send me before and after pictures. I would like to share them with you!! It is funny...when she went to look for before pictures, she said that the majority of them were with her daughter's hair up in a pony tail. That is so similar to my situation. Probably 95% of the time, I would put my daughter's hair up in a pony tail. It was just easier and if she did wear it down, by the time she got home from school, it would be frizzy!!! She hated it, I wasn't proud of it. We would constantly have to spray it with water to and put conditioner on it to tame it down. So, I completely understand where she is coming from!!

In this before picture (on the bottom), she said that she tried to blow dry it a little to tame the curls.
This was one of the few pictures that she could find with her hair down!! The picture at the top is the after picture! Look how soft and tame her hair looks!!! She is beautiful!!! The mom stated that she was extremely pleased with the product as well as her daughter!! That is the most important thing!! She loves her hair now and always wears it down now (to school). The mom said that it is so nice to not have to rush in the morning to try to do something with her hair. "It is so easy to manage now!!". GO JFMTS!!!!! You are the best!!!

Until Next Time,
"Sunflower Mom"

6 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking at the pictures of your daughter and she is beautiful both before and after. I am glad that peole of mixed heritage finally are being considered when it comes to hair care I only wonder how this will affect them. This hair care product I am assuming will be used by mothers of interacial children that do not know how to handle the more "nappy" type of mixed hair, when it is not so fine and curly. I am basically saying that more than anything please let your daughters know that they are beautiful with or whtout this product that this product should never set the standard of their beauty, but it will enhance it rather. Please let them know nothing is wrong with their hair, they are unique.

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am a parent of of multi ethnic children. The trials and tribulations we have been through are too numerous to count. My oldest child who is 4 now is wanting to experiment with her hair. I almost never let her wear it down simply because it is so fine and the curls are so tight that it stands straight up and after maybe 1-2 hours her hair is so dry again, that it is next to impossible to comb out, even after conditioning. I guess I am at a loss of what to do. If anyone has some tips for me I would be grateful for the help.

I am new at this so I do not know yet how to post a picture but I will try.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Anonymous,

I think if you try the JFM Texture Softener, it will help you with your daughters hair. It will soften it up and make it a lot easier for you to manage. If you will look at the time chart that is located in the product, you will be able to tell the time needed that will work best with her hair type. I think you will find it much easier to comb out and that the dryness will disappear!!

My daughter's hair would dry out on the ends before she could even get her "BIG TOE" out of the bath tub. It was awful!! With the texture softener, it has cured that problem. It stays dripping wet now!! This helps with the combing!!!

Let me know how it works out for you!!

Happy Hair!!

"Sunflower Mom"

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My exhusband's mom is white and often watches my kids. My daughters hair is the craziest hair i have ever seen. I am blk/pr mix so you know the volume goes on. I am going to try the jfm text softener and let you know how my mothe rin law likes it, she seems to be the only one who can't do her hair. I wonder if they would make a product to give caucasian hair more fullness so that black mothers with children that have hair like white people could manage it.hmmmm.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger charron said...

I am a mother of a biracial (Jamaican / Caucasion) girl who has extremely kinky hair. I have bought this product since we are a a stand still with her hair. We did the relaxer which was great until somebody applied it incorrectly and her hair broke and she was left with about 2 inches of hair!!!! For the last year she has worn single braid extensions, but with a years growth behind her we are ready to get rid of the braids and go with her natural curl. I look at your daughter's pictures, the before and after pictures as well as the video and it just seems as though her hair is already manageable and easy to maintain without the softener. I really would love to hear some feedback from mother or fathers who have tried this on their childs very kinky and frizzy curls. She certainly has more her father's hair than mine so what can I expect from this? Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I guess I also need to contact the company, but I cannot find anyplace if I apply this to dry or wet hair. Also if I need to wash it 48 hours prior to applying, does that mean I cannot apply any conditioners or moisturizers for 48 hours!!!!?? That means I will never get a comb through her hair to even apply the cream.

Again I would LOVE some feedback or direction. Please feel free to contact me with any comments, suggestions, or even pictures of your experience. Here is my email andrea.charron@cogeco.ca

Thank you so much,
Andrea

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear charron
Jamaican is not a race it is a nationality.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home