Sunflower Mom on a Mission

Kim is the official "Spokesmom" for Just For Me(tm) Texture Softener(tm), the brand new breakthrough in hair care for girls of mixed heritage! Her daughter, is featured on the hair care system package, and you may have even seen her on Barney! Kim's blog will contain her thoughts on being a mom in a multi-ethnic family, health and beauty and self-image and self esteem. And for fun, she will interact with other moms who have "hair care chronicles and horror stories."

Monday, April 02, 2007

"Sunflower Girl...Again!!"

Hi to everyone who reads this! Just a few weeks ago this kid who use to sit by me in class told me that I have a mustache, and a hairy neck. But I told him "you can say anything about me because it does not offend me at all." later on that week he told me this too, hey Brenna, your mother is white and your father is black so that makes you mixed! then they started to laugh a little . I felt very depressed but I tried not to let it show on my face. I don't understand why kids have to be so mean to people. How would they like it if somebody came up to them unexpectedly and just "Hey your mother is black and your father is chinese than that makes you blanese." My mom and dad tell me that I am special and I should be proud to be different than everybody else because that is a good thing.I know that they are right but it is so hard to ignore them.
It is late so I have to go because my mom said I have to go to bed.
Talk to you later, Sunflower Girl!!!

3 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger vanishingword said...

I think it doesn't matter what you look like; when everyone is old we are ALL covered in wrinkles anyway.
Well little sunflower, you sleep tight- I am growing sunflowers for my 5 month old baby boy!

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the mother of two beautiful mixed girls....i love reading the comments on here, especially to get some insite as to what other mixed children experience. My oldest, who is in 5th grade, has had some comments made to her regarding having a black dad and a white mom. Her comments to those who think its so important to make this discovery was always, that she was blessed to be born by two races, not just one! and that makes her unique, and twice as special as others!! thanks JJ

 
At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When people call you names, you ignore them. You're very beautiful little girl.
I'm 14 now, and I'm mixed with several different races. I told someone this two days ago and she sneered, I just laughed and ignored her.
God made you and I, everyone different. we're all beautiful in our own way.
God Bless
x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home